I'm doing some research on Flink + Avro integration, and I've come across
"org.apache.flink.api.java.io.AvroInputFormat" as a way to create a stream
of Avro objects from a file. I had the following questions:

1. Is this the extent of Flink's integration with Avro? If I wanted to read
Avro-serialized objects from a Kafka stream, would I have to write
something to do this or is this functionality already built somewhere?

2. Is there an analogous InputFormat in Flink's Scala API? If not, what's
the recommended way to work with Avro objects in Scala using Flink?

Thanks,

--
Andrew Whitaker
aawhita...@gmail.com | 540-521-5299 | @andrewwhitaker