Here is the strange behavior.

Below code works in one box but not in the other. I had it working in my
laptop the whole of yesterday, but strangely today it doesnt work in my
desktop.

Can anyone please let me know what the issue is.

                try {
                        final StreamExecutionEnvironment env =
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
                        DataStream<String> msgDataStream1 = env.addSource((new
SocketSource(hostName1, port, '\n', -1))).filter(new
MessageFilter()).setParallelism(1);
                        DataStream<String> msgDataStream2 = env.addSource((new
SocketSource(hostName2, port, '\n', -1))).filter(new
MessageFilter()).setParallelism(1);

                        env.execute("Stock stream");

                } catch (Exception e) {
                        System.err.println("Exception  = > " + e.getMessage());
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
        }

        private static void unionMessageStreams(DataStream<String>
msgDataStream1,
DataStream<String> msgDataStream2) {
                try {

                        DataStream<String> ds =
msgDataStream1.union(msgDataStream2);
                        ds.print();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        System.err.println("Exception in union Message Streams
e.getMessage());
                }
        }

Thanks