Thanks for the answer.

Currently the approach that i'm using right now is creating a base/marker
interface to stream different type of message to the same operator. Not
sure about the performance hit about this compare to the CoFlatMap
function.

Basically this one is providing query cache, so i'm thinking instead of
using in memory cache like redis, ignite etc, i can just use operator state
for this one.

I just want to gauge do i need to use memory cache or operator state would
be just fine.

However i'm concern about the Gen 2 Garbage Collection for caching our own
state without using operator state. Is there any clarification on that one
?