Hi,

it is correct that the metrics are collected from the task managers.
In Flink 0.9.1 the metrics are visualized as charts in the web dashboard.
This visualization was removed when the dashboard was redesigned and
updated for 0.10. but will be hopefully be added again.

For Flink 0.9.1, the metrics are cached in memory for plotting and not
persisted anywhere. The JobManager exposes the stats via a REST-like
interface. You would need to check the code of the web dashboard to get the
correct URL.
With the updated web UI of 0.10.1 all job information and stats are exposed
via well defined REST interfaces:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/internals/monitoring_rest_api.html

In both cases, you can periodically poll the interfaces to collect stats.

Best, Fabian