Okay, here are the docs for the Akka version we are using:
http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.3.14/scala/remoting.html#Lifecycle_and_Failure_Recovery_Model

It says that after a remote deathwatch trigger, the actor system must be
restarted before it can connect again.

We probably need to do the following:
  - Either restart TaskManager actor system when it detects that it is
quarantined (or when it senses the JobManager as failed)

  - Or switch from Akka death watch to a manual heartbeat mechanism

Would be good to also have Till's input on this...

What do you think?

Stephan