I think Chiwan's estimate is accurate. Anything between 2 and 4 weeks
is realistic in my opinion. We will make sure that the release comes
with a migration/breaking changes guide, so you will have a smooth
experience when upgrading.

In the mean time, you can also work with the current master/snapshot
version [1].

I'm curious, what are you trying to solve with the UID method?

– Ufuk

[1] http://flink.apache.org/contribute-code.html#snapshots-nightly-builds