Hi,
we are evaluating Flink for new solution and several people raised concern
of coupling too much to Flink -
1. we understand that if we want to get full fault tolerance and best
performance we'll need to use Flink managed state(probably RocksDB backend
due to volume of state)
2. but then if we latter find that Flink doesn't answer our needs(for any
reason) - we'll need to extract this state in some way(since it's the only
source of consistent state)
In general I'd like to be able to take snapshot of backend and try to read
it...do you think it's will be trivial task?
say If I'm holding list state per partitioned key, would it be easy to take
RocksDb file and open it?

any thoughts regarding how can I convince people in our team?

thanks in advance!