Did you specify a parallelism? The default parallelism of a Flink instance
is 1 [1].
You can set a different default parallelism in ./conf/flink-conf.yaml or
pass a job specific parallelism with ./bin/flink using  the -p flag [2].
More options to define parallelism are in the docs [3].

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/setup/config.html#common-options
[2]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/cli.html