Hi Prateek,

regarding throughput, what about simply filling the input Kafka topic
with some (a lot) of messages and monitor (e.g.
http://quantifind.github.io/KafkaOffsetMonitor/) how quickly Flink can
work the lag off. The messages should be representative of your use
case, of course.

Latency is harder, I think, and I would also be interested in the
approaches of others to measure latency in Flink.

To some extend, you could do it by adding some logging inside Flink, but
this effects latency and only measure latency whithin Flink (excluding
reading from source and writing to sink).

Cheers,

Konstantin