"Flink can't successfully restore a checkpoint" should be "Flink can't
successfully restore a savepoint".

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Andrew Whitaker <
andrew.whita...@braintreepayments.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was recently experimenting with savepoints and various situations in
> which they succeed or fail. I expected this example to fail:
>
> https://gist.github.com/AndrewWhitaker/fa46db04066ea673fe0eda232f0a5ce1
>
> Basically, the first program runs with a count window. The second program
> is identical except that it uses a time window instead of a count window.
>
> From what I've observed, most of the time when Flink can't successfully
> restore a checkpoint it throws an exception saying as much. I was expecting
> to see that behavior here. Could someone explain why this "works" (as in,
> flink accepts the program with the savepoint from the first version of the
> program), and if this is a bug?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Andrew Whitaker | andrew.whita...@braintreepayments.com

--
Andrew Whitaker | andrew.whita...@braintreepayments.com
--
Note: this information is confidential. It is prohibited to share, post
online or otherwise publicize without Braintree's prior written consent.