Hi Josh,
I'll have to think a bit about that one. Once I have something I'll get
back to you.

Best,
Aljoscha

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 at 21:47 Josh <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is just a question about a potential use case for Flink:
>
> I have a Flink job which receives tuples with an event id and a timestamp
> (e, t) and maps them into a stream (e, t2) where t2 is a future timestamp
> (up to 1 year in the future, which indicates when to schedule a
> transformation of e). I then want to key by e and keep track of the max t2
> for each e. Now the tricky bit: I want to periodically, say every minute
> (in event time world) take all (e, t2) where t2 occurred in the last
> minute, do a transformation and emit the result. It is important that the
> final transformation happens after t2 (preferably as soon as possible, but
> a delay of minutes is fine).
>
> Is it possible to use Flink's windowing and watermark mechanics to achieve
> this? I want to maintain a large state for the (e, t2) window, e.g. over a
> year (probably too large to fit in memory). And somehow use watermarks to
> execute the scheduled transformations.
>
> If anyone has any views on how this could be done, (or whether it's even
> possible/a good idea to do) with Flink then it would be great to hear!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh
>

Reply via email to