Hi Tae-Geon,

AFAIK, spilling *data* to disk happens only when managed memory is used.
Currently, streaming API (DataStream) doesn’t use managed memory yet.
`MutableHashTable` is one of representative usage of managed memory with disk
spilling. Note that some special structures such as `CompactingHashTable`
doesn’t spill data to disk even though they use the manage memory to achieve
high performance.

About spilling *states*, I think that it depends on how state backends is
implemented. For example, `FsStateBackend` saves states to file system but
`MemoryStateBackend` doesn’t. `RocksDBStateBackend` uses memory first and also
can spill states to disk.

Regards,
Chiwan Park