Hello,

Is that the complete error message? I'm a bit surprised it does not explicitly name any file name. If it really doesn't we should change that.

Regards,
Chesnay Schepler

On 13.07.2016 15:35, Alexis Gendronneau wrote:
Hi Roy,

Have you looked on the nodes in charge of sink tasks ? You should be able to find them on flink web interface by clicking on the sink taks. If you get the OVERWRITE error, your output is certainly somewhere. By the way, when using distributed mode it is easier to use an output like HDFS. This way you'll find the result on the same path no matter where sink tasks had been ran.

Regards,

Alexis.

    Hello users,

    I have written and executed a flink program in a cluster. The
    program was supposed to write to some text file as a sink, however
    I cannot find the text files in the target directory of the
    cluster nodes, but when I reexecute the program second time, it
    gives me the predictable error:

    Caused by: java.io.IOException: File or directory already exists.
    Existing files and directories are not overwritten in NO_OVERWRITE
    mode. Use OVERWRITE mode to overwrite existing files and directories.
        at
    org.apache.flink.core.fs.FileSystem.initOutPathLocalFS(FileSystem.java:595)
        at

org.apache.flink.api.common.io.FileOutputFormat.open(FileOutputFormat.java:227)
        at
    org.apache.flink.api.java.io.TextOutputFormat.open(TextOutputFormat.java:78)
        at

org.apache.flink.streaming.api.functions.sink.OutputFormatSinkFunction.open(OutputFormatSinkFunction.java:60)
        at

org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.util.FunctionUtils.openFunction(FunctionUtils.java:38)
        at

org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractUdfStreamOperator.open(AbstractUdfStreamOperator.java:91)
        at

org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.openAllOperators(StreamTask.java:317)
        at

org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:215)
        at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:559)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

    Is it due to the fact that I am executing the program in a
    distributed environment, if so how can I write the text files?

    Thanks in advance.

    Warm Regards,
    Debaditya

--