Hi Shanon,

From what I understand, you want to have your results windowed by different
different durations, e.g. by minute, by day,
by month and you use the evictor to  decide which elements should go into each
window. If I am correct, then I do not
think that you need the evictor which bounds you to keep all the elements that
the operator has seen (because it uses a listState).

In this case you can do one of the following:

1) if you just want to have the big window (by month) and all the smaller ones
to appear as early firings of the big one, then I would
suggest you to go with a custom trigger. The trigger has access to watermarks,
can register both event and processing time timers (so you can have firings
whenever you want (per minute, per day, etc), can have state (e.g.element
counter), and can decide to FIRE or FIRE_AND_PURGE.

The only downside is that all intermediate firings will appear to belong to the
big window. This means that the beginning and the end o the by-minute and daily
firings will be those of the month that they belong to. If this is not a
problem, I would go for that.

2) If the above is a problem, then what you can do, is key your input stream
and then have 3 different windowing strategies, e.g. by minute, by day and by
month. This way you will have also the desired window boundaries. This would
look like:

keyedStream.timeWindow(byMonth).addSink …
keyedStream.timeWindow(byDay).addSink …
keyedStream.timeWindow(byMinute).addSink …

Please let us know if this answers your question and if you need any more help.

Kostas