I've verified this. I think this has likely accidentally changed with
the refactoring of the YARN setup for Flink 1.1. We probably wrote the
web monitor port explicitly to the config in 1.0 whereas we don't do
it in 1.1 anymore. I think this should be addressed with the next
bugfix release 1.1.2.

What comes to mind to find out the port is to parse the logs, but I
don't think that's feasible, is it? Would also be interested what you
are referring to with the JARs.