I also can't checkout the commit locally... which is weird, because GitHub
still seems to be able to somehow access it.

Can you try this commit: df42160832ff65ae2a85b478d1dd0b398fa6ef3f ?

I actually believe its probably easier to just pick the classes you need
from the "benchmark" repository and fit them to the current code base.