Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help shed light on where I have introduced
an error into my code to get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:556)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.util.serialization.SimpleStringSchema.deserialize(SimpleStringSchema.java:34)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.util.serialization.SimpleStringSchema.deserialize(SimpleStringSchema.java:27)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.util.serialization.KeyedDeserializationSchemaWrapper.deserialize(KeyedDeserializationSchemaWrapper.java:39)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.internal.Kafka09Fetcher.run(Kafka09Fetcher.java:227)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I get this error while running a job that connects to kafka from a local
deployment.  Could it be to do with how I'm packaging the Jar before
uploading it to the cluster?

The job plan is created and deployed OK via the management website, but as
soon as data is added to Kafka I get the above and the job stops.  Using
Kafka's own console consumer script, I validated the kafka queue and the
data looks exactly like the testing data I used when reading from local
files.

Any help as always appreciated,
Cheers,
David