Hello,

I am pretty new to Apache Flink.

I am trying to figure out how does Flink parses an Apache Calcite sql query
to its own Streaming API in order to maybe extend it, because, as far as I
know, many operations are still being developed and not currently supported
(like TUMBLE windows). I need to be able to load rules from a file , like
so:

/tableEnv.sql([File])../

in order to do that I need a fully functional Streaming SQL parser.

I am currently analyzing the StreamTableEnvironment class from github [1] in
order to understand the method sql but I can't figure out where does the
parsing happens.

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/d7b59d761601baba6765bb4fc407bcd9fd6a9387/flink-libraries/flink-table/src/main/scala/org/apache/flink/api/table/StreamTableEnvironment.scala
<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/d7b59d761601baba6765bb4fc407bcd9fd6a9387/flink-libraries/flink-table/src/main/scala/org/apache/flink/api/table/StreamTableEnvironment.scala>

Best Regards,