Thank you for your reply, this is new information for me,

Regarding the algorithm, i gave it a better look and i don't think it will
work with joining. When looping over the Edge set (u,v) we need to be able
to write and read A[u] and A[v]. If i join them it will create a new
instances of that value and it doesn't matter if it's changed in one
instance.

For example i have the following edges:
 u v
 1 2
 1 3

With vertices and values:
 1 a
 2 b
 3 c

If i join them i get:
 u v u' v'
 1 2 a b
 1 3 a c

If i loop over the joined set and change the u' value of the first instance
to "d" then in my next loop step it will be 'a'.