Hey,
I'm using a BoundedOutOfOrdernessTimestampExtractor for assigning my timestamps and discarding to old events (which happens sometimes).

Now my problem is that some events, by accident have timestamps in the future. If the timestamps are more in the future than my `maxOutOfOrderness`, I'm discarding valid events. So I need a way of saying that the BoundedOutOfOrdernessTimestampExtractor should exclude timestamps from the future for the watermark calculation. I still want to keep the events if they are in the future and assign them to the right watermarks.

How can I achieve this? I thought about checking whether the potential timestamp is in the future before considering it for a watermark. I cloned the BoundedOutOfOrdernessTimestampExtractor and added the idea
https://gist.github.com/theomega/090054032e0b3c3b9fb06767f0fec7e7

Does this make sense? Or is there a better approach?

In general, how does Flink handle readings from the future?

Thanks,
Dominik

--
Dominik