Hey there,

I don't really understand what Broadcast does, does it in a way export the
elements from a DataSet in a Collection? Because then it might be what i'm
looking for.

when implementing algorithms in Flink Gelly i keep getting stuck on what i
cannot do with DataSets. For example, if i want to determine the
ShortestPath i need the SourceVertex, this can be inserted manually but this
becomes a problem when you want to determine it for all the Vertices in a
graph, which is what you need when determining certain metrics. Another
example is looping over a DataSet, i found a topic which suggests using a
mapping to loop/iterate over a DataSet, but since it needs to be
serializable it cannot add elements to another Data Structure inside the
mapping which makes it useless if you want to for example export some
elements to another Data Structure.

for the first example i could use collect(), but afaik it's more of a
workaround in Flink to use it.

About the APSP, this could become a problem for me since those are some of
the things i originally wanted to do in my project. I didn't think about it
yet how i'm going to implement it