Hi Yuhong,

as you noticed, FLIP-11 is about the window operations on the Table API and
does not include SQL.
The reason is that the Table API is completely Flink domain, i.e., we can
design and implement the API. For SQL we have a dependency on Calcite.

You are right, that Calcite's JIRA issue for group windows [1] seems to be
stale. I don't have more information on that. You could ping there and ask
what the status is.
Row windows are already supported by Calcite (SQL's OVER and WINDOW
clauses), so these could be implemented for SQL as well.
Maybe it's even easier to start from the SQL side and add the Table API
later to ensure a compatible compilation process.

Best, Fabian