Hi Sandeep!

While auto scaling jobs in Flink still isn’t possible, in Flink 1.2 you will be
able to rescale jobs by stopping and restarting.
This works by taking a savepoint of the job before stopping the job, and then
redeploy the job with a higher / lower parallelism using the savepoint.
Upon restarting the job, your states will be redistributed across the new
operators.

Changing operator / job parallelism on the fly while running is still on the
future roadmap.

Cheers,
Gordon

On February 2, 2017 at 8:39:39 AM, Meghashyam Sandeep V