The docs say that it may improve performance.

How true is it, when custom serializers are provided?
There is also 'disableAutoTypeRegistration' method in the config class,
implying Flink registers types automatically.

So, given that I have an hierarchy:
trait A
class B extends A
class C extends A

and I do addDefaultKryoSerializer(classOf[A], classOf[ASerializer])

should I care about registering B and C with 'registerType' method?

It worth mentioning that when I registered my message class hierarchies, I
got:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not initialize keyed state backend.
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid type code: 00
on restoring from savepoint

After some debugging I found that 'registerType' was the cause.
It might be possible that my code called registerType in different order.
Could it be a problem?

Best regards,
Dmitry