Hi,

I’m designing a streaming job whose elements need to be windowed by event time
across a large set of keys. All elements are read from the same source. Event
time progresses independently across keys. Is it possible to assign timestamps,
and thus generate independent watermarks, per keyed stream, so late arriving
elements can be handled per keyed stream?

And in general, what’s the best approach to designing a job that needs to
process different keyed streams whose event times do not relate to each other?
My current approach generates timestamps at the source but never generates
watermarks so no record is ever considered late. This has the unfortunate side
effect of windows never closing. As a result, each event time window relies on
a custom trigger which fires and purges the window after a given amount of
processing time elapses during which no new records arrived.

Thanks,
Jordan