Thanks, Aljoscha for the clarification.

I understand that instead of using a flatMap() in the way I am using, I am
better off using :
* a fold (init, fold_func, window_func) first and then
* map to a different type of my choice, inside the window_func,
parameterised above

I hope I am correct. If so, you don't need to spend time to comment;
☺otherwise, please give a hint.

-- Nirmalya

-

--