Hi Dominik,

did you take a look into the logs? Maybe the exception is not shown in the CLI but in the logs.

Timo

Am 07/03/17 um 23:58 schrieb Dominik Safaric:
Hi all,

I would appreciate for any help or advice in regard to default Java runtime
shutdown hooks and canceling Flink jobs.

Namely part of my Flink application I am using a Kafka interceptor class that defines
a shutdown hook thread. When stopping the Flink streaming job on my local machine the
shutdown hook gets executed, however I do not see the same behaviour when stopping
the Flink application using bin/flink cancel <job_id>.

Considering there are no exceptions thrown from the shutdown thread, what could
the root cause of this be?

Thanks,
Dominik