From: Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 17 March 2017 at 9:11 am
To: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Batch stream Sink delay ?

Actually, I think the program you shared in the first mail of this thread looks
fine for the purpose you describe.
Timestamp and watermark assignment works as follows:
- For each records, a long timestamp is extracted (UNIX/epoch timestamp).
- A watermark is a timestamp which says that no more records with a timestamp
lower than the watermark will be processed. Records which violate that
condition are by default dropped.
- So the watermark should follow the max emitted record timestamp minus a
safety margin.
- If you use a periodic watermark assigner, the watermark function is
periodically called.
Best, Fabian