Hi:
A few months ago, I was building Flink and ran into shading issues for
flink-dist as described in your docs. We resolved this in BigTop by adding the
correct way to build flink-dist in the do-component-build script and everything
was fine after that.

Now, I’m running into issues doing the same now in Flink 1.2.0 and I’m trying
to figure out what’s changed and how to fix it. Here’s how the flink-dist jar
looks with proper shading:

jar -tvf /usr/lib/flink/lib/flink-dist_2.10-1.1.4.jar | grep
HttpConnectionParams
2485 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 UTC 1980
org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
3479 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 UTC 1980
org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class

When I build Flink 1.2.0 in BigTop, here’s shading for the jar found in the RPM:

jar -tvf flink-dist_2.10-1.2.0.jar | grep HttpConnectionParams
2392 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980
org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
2485 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980
org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
3479 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980
org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
2868 Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1980
org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class

I thought maybe it was some strange thing going on with BigTop, so then I tried
just straight building Flink 1.2.0 (outside BigTop) and get the same shading:

jar -tvf flink-dist_2.10-1.2.0.jar | grep HttpConnectionParams
  2485 Fri Mar 17 05:41:16 GMT 2017
org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
  3479 Fri Mar 17 05:41:16 GMT 2017
org/apache/flink/hadoop/shaded/org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
  2392 Fri Mar 17 05:41:24 GMT 2017
org/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionParams.class
  2868 Fri Mar 17 05:41:24 GMT 2017
org/apache/http/params/HttpConnectionParams.class

And, yes, this is after going into flink-dist and running mvn clean install
again since I am using Maven 3.3.x.

Here’s a snippet from my Maven version:
mvn -version
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T16:41:47+00:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven

Any ideas on what my problem might be here?

Thanks,
Craig