Thanks Gordon for the detailed explanation! That makes sense and explains the
expected behaviour.

The JIRA for the new metric also sounds very good. Can’t wait to have this in
the Flink GUI (KafkaOffsetMonitor has some problems and stops working after 1-2
days, don’t know the reason yet).

All the best,
Florian