I've been using QueryableStateClient in Flink 1.2 successfully. I have now
upgraded to release-1.3.0-rc0 and QueryableStateClient now requires a
HighAvailabilityServices parameter. The documentation hasn't been updated on
using HighAvailabilityServices so I'm a bit lost on what exactly I should
specify for that parameter. For development, I want to connect to a Flink Job
Manager that I created from a different process using
StreamExecutionEnvironment.createLocalEnvironmentWithWebUI. Can somebody
provide the code needed to create the appropriate HighAvailabilityServices
parameter?

I have tried the following code:

  val jobManagerIpcAddress = "localhost"
  val jobManagerIpcPort = 6123
  configuration.setString(JobManagerOptions.ADDRESS, jobManagerIpcAddress)
  configuration.setInteger(JobManagerOptions.PORT, jobManagerIpcPort)
  private val highAvailabilityServices = new
StandaloneHaServices(jobManagerIpcAddress, jobManagerIpcAddress)
  private val client = new QueryableStateClient(configuration,
highAvailabilityServices)

It results in:

Exception in thread "main" akka.actor.ActorNotFound: Actor not found for:
ActorSelection[Anchor(akka://flink/), Path(/localhost)]

Claudio Fahey
Chief Solutions Architect, Analytics
Dell EMC | Emerging Technologies Team