This looks like a dependency conflict to me. Try checking whether anything you use depends on netty.

On 09.06.2017 17:42, Dawid Wysakowicz wrote:
I had a look into yarn logs and I found such exception:

    2017-06-09 17:10:20,922 ERROR
    org.apache.flink.runtime.webmonitor.files.StaticFileServerHandler
     - Caught exception
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError
    at io.netty.util.ReferenceCountUtil.touch(ReferenceCountUtil.java:73)
    at

io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.touch(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:107)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:356)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:351)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.http.router.Handler.routed(Handler.java:62)
    at

io.netty.handler.codec.http.router.DualAbstractHandler.channelRead0(DualAbstractHandler.java:57)
    at

io.netty.handler.codec.http.router.DualAbstractHandler.channelRead0(DualAbstractHandler.java:20)
    at

io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:373)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:351)
    at

org.apache.flink.runtime.webmonitor.HttpRequestHandler.channelRead0(HttpRequestHandler.java:105)
    at

org.apache.flink.runtime.webmonitor.HttpRequestHandler.channelRead0(HttpRequestHandler.java:65)
    at

io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:373)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:351)
    at

io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.channelRead(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:86)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:373)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:351)
    at

io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler$DelegatingChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:435)
    at

io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:293)
    at

io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:267)
    at

io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:250)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:373)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:351)
    at

io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1334)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:373)
    at

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
    at

io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:926)
    at

io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:129)
    at
    io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:651)
    at

io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:574)
    at
    io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:488)
    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:450)
    at

io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:873)
    at

io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:144)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any idea how to tackle it?

Z pozdrowieniami! / Cheers!

Dawid Wysakowicz

*Data/Software Engineer*

Skype: dawid_wys | Twitter: @OneMoreCoder

<http://getindata.com/>

    I am trying to run a flink job on yarn. When I submit the job with
    following command

        bin/flink run -m yarn-cluster -yn 2 -c ${className} ${jarName}

    I cannot access the WebUI, it seems to run correctly, but I can't
    access the UI. I get 500 response code.

    When I run yarn-session, the WebUI is accessible and when I attach
    the same job to the running session everything is fine (the UI is
    still accessible) and the job runs correctly.

    Any ideas what may be the problem?