Hi,

We accidentally forgot to give some operators in our flink stream a
custom/unique name, and ran into the following exception in Graphite:
‘exceptions.IOError: [Errno 36] File name too long:
'/<pathToJob>/<jobName>/TriggerWindow_SlidingEventTimeWindows_600000_-600000__-FoldingStateDescriptor_serializer=org-apache-flink-api-common-typeutils-base-IntSerializer_655523dd_-initialValue=0_-foldFunction=<functionQualifiedName>_24e08d59__-EventTimeTrigger___-WindowedStream-fold_AllWindowedStream-java:<lineNo>
 __/0/buffers/inputQueueLength.wsp'

(some placeholders because it might reveal too much about our platform, sorry.
The actual filename is quite a bit longer).

The problem seems to be that Flink uses toString for the operator if no name is
set, and the graphite exporter does not sanitize the output for length.
Is this something that should be posted as a bug?  Or a known limitation that
we missed in the documentation?

Thanks,
Caarst