I'm not aware of any plans to replace it.

For the Batch API it also works properly, so deprecating it would be misleading.

On 13.06.2017 16:04, Mikhail Pryakhin wrote:
Hi Chesnay,
Thanks for the reply,

The existing signature for open() is a remnant of the past.

Should the method be deprecated then so that it doesn’t confuse users?

Kind Regards,
Mike Pryakhin