From: "Nico Kruber" <n...@data-artisans.com>
To:<user@flink.apache.org>
Cc:"William Saar" <will...@saar.se>
Sent:Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:20:01 +0200
Subject:Re: Access to time in aggregation, or aggregation in
ProcessWindowFunction?

 Hi William,
 I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve...

 What constitutes a "new event"? is this based on some key? If so, you
may
 group on that key, create a window and use a custom trigger [1]
instead where
 you can react in onElement() and setup a event time timer for the
first one and
 then react in onEventTime for your timeout.
 A ProcessFunction [2] (without a window) looks like a better solution
though
 depending on the details.

 Nico

 [1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/