Hi guys,

I have a question for you. I have an application with two keyed data streams:
one for control and the other one for the data. Each control message represents
an operation to be performed on the data values marked with a certain
identifier. I connected the two streams and I process the data with a
CoProcessFunction.

The operations I do are really simple like collecting the MAX or the MEAN value
of the last n seconds. Now, I would like to create more complex operations
where the result value of a key might depend by the result value of another
key. To be more clear, I would like to evaluate expressions like: if {ALL the
values of data marked with id 22 in the last 5s} are BIGGER THAN {The MEAN
value of data marked with id 17 in the last 3s}. In this example, I should
defer the evaluation of the expression until I have the MEAN value of the right
part of the expression and check it against ALL the data keyed with key 22 from
the last 5 seconds. I’d like to ask you if something like this in Flink is
doable and what is the best way to do that in your opinion. I am also checking
how the CEP library works (can it be helpful?).

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,

Gabriele