Hi!

I am wondering if Flink can do streaming from data sources other than Kafka.
For example can Flink do streaming from a database like Cassandra, HBase,
MongoDb to sinks like says Elastic search or Kafka.

Yes, Flink currently supports various connectors for different sources and
sinks. For an overview you can check out this documentation [1]
Apache Bahir [2] also maintains some Flink connectors and is released
separately.

Also for out of core stateful streaming. Is RocksDB the only option?
Currently, RocksDB is the only option for out-of-core state. There was some
previous discussion for a Cassandra state backend, though [3].

- Gordon

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/connectors/index.html
[2] http://bahir.apache.org/
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4266

I am wondering if Flink can do streaming from data sources other than Kafka.
For example can Flink do streaming from a database like Cassandra, HBase,
MongoDb to sinks like says Elastic search or Kafka.

Also for out of core stateful streaming. Is RocksDB the only option? Can I use
some other key value store that has SQL interface (since RocksDB doesn't)?

Thanks,
kant