Hi,

I have built the Prometheus reporter package from this PR
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/4586, and used it on Flink 1.3.2 to
record every default metrics and those from `FlinkKafkaConsumer`.

Originally, everything was fine. I could get those metrics in TM from
Prometheus just like I saw on Flink Web UI.
However, when I turned to JM, I found Prometheus gives this error to me: Get
http://localhost:9249/metrics: EOF.
I checked the log on JM and saw nothing in it. There was no error message
and 9249 port was still alive.

To figure out what happened, I created another cluster and I found
Prometheus could connect to Flink cluster if there is no running job. After
JM triggered or completed the first checkpoint, Prometheus started getting
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE from JM, but not for TM. There was still no error in log
file and 9249 port was still alive.

I was wondering where did the error occur. Flink or Prometheus reporter?
Or It is incorrect to use Prometheus reporter on Flink 1.3.2 ? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tony Wei