Thank Kurt I'm trying out WindowedStream aggregate right now. Just
wondering, is there any way for me to preserve the window after
aggregation. More specifically, originally i have something like:

WindowedStream<Tuple2<String, Long>, Tuple, TimeWindow> windowStream =
dataStream
                .keyBy(0) //id
                .timeWindow(Time.of(windowSize, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS))

and then for the reducer I can do:

windowStream.apply(...)

and expect the window information is preserved.

If I were to do use aggregate on window stream, I would end up with
something like:

DataStream<Tuple2<String, Long>> windowStream = dataStream
                .keyBy(0) //id
                .timeWindow(Time.of(windowSize,
TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS)).aggregate
(new AggregateFunction<Tuple2<String, Long>, Accumulator, Tuple2<String,
Long>>() {
                    @Override
                    public Accumulator createAccumulator() {
                        return null;
                    }

                    @Override
                    public void add(Tuple2<String, Long> stringLong,
Accumulator o) {

                    }

                    @Override
                    public Tuple2<String, Long> getResult(Accumulator o) {
                        return null;
                    }

                    @Override
                    public Accumulator merge(Accumulator o, Accumulator
acc1) {
                        return null;
                    }
                });

Because it looks like aggregate would only transfer WindowedStream to a
DataStream. But for a global aggregation phase (a reducer), should I
extract the window again?

Thanks! I apologize if that sounds like a very intuitive questions.

Le