Hi Flink users,

I'm struggling with some basic concept and would appreciate some help. I
have 2 Input streams, one is fast event stream and one is slow changing
dimension. They have the same key and I use CoProcessFunction to store slow
data in state and enrich fast data from this state. Everything works as
expected.

Before I start processing fast streams on first run, I would like to completely
initialise state. I though it could be done in open(), but I don't
understand how it will be re-distributed across parallel operators.

Another alternative would be to create custom source and push all slow
dimension
data downstream, but I could not find how to hold processing fast data
until state is initialised.

I realise that FLIP-17 (Side Inputs) is what I need, but is there some other
way to implement it now ?

Thanks,
Maxim.