Hi,

How did you measure the memory usage ?

JVM processes tend to occupy the maximum memory allocated to them, regardless of whether those memory are actively in used or not. To correctly measure the memory usage, you should use Flink's metric system[1]

Regards,

Kien

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/monitoring/metrics.html#system-metrics