Hi Ebru and Javier,

Yes, if you could share this example job it would be helpful.

Ebru: could you explain in a little more details how does your Job(s) look
like? Could you post some code? If you are just using maps and filters there
shouldn’t be any network transfers involved, aside from Source and Sink
functions.

Piotrek

> [...]
>> limit and dies.
>>
>> Currently, we have a test cluster with 8 workers and 8 task slots per node.
>> We have one job that uses 56 slots, and we cannot execute that job 5 times
>> in a row because the whole cluster dies. If you want, we can publish our
>> test job.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> On 8 November 2017 at 11:20, Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org
>> <mailto:aljos...@apache.org>> wrote:
>> @Nico & @Piotr Could you please have a look at this? You both recently
>> worked on the network stack and might be most familiar with this.
>>
>>> On 8. Nov 2017, at 10:25, Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it
>>> <mailto:pomperma...@okkam.it>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We also have the same problem in production. At the moment the solution is
>>> to restart the entire Flink cluster after every job..
>>> We've tried to reproduce this problem with a test (see
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7845
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7845>) but we don't know
>>> whether the error produced by the test and the leak are correlated..
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Flavio
>>>
>>> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM, ÇETİNKAYA EBRU ÇETİNKAYA EBRU
>>> <b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr <mailto:b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>>
>>> wrote:
>>> On 2017-11-07 16:53, Ufuk Celebi wrote:
>>> Do you use any windowing? If yes, could you please share that code? If
>>> there is no stateful operation at all, it's strange where the list
>>> state instances are coming from.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 2:35 PM, ebru <b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr
>>> <mailto:b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>> wrote:
>>> Hi Ufuk,
>>>
>>> We don’t explicitly define any state descriptor. We only use map and filters
>>> operator. We thought that gc handle clearing the flink’s internal states.
>>> So how can we manage the memory if it is always increasing?
>>>
>>> - Ebru
>>>
>>> On 7 Nov 2017, at 16:23, Ufuk Celebi <u...@apache.org
>>> <mailto:u...@apache.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Ebru, the memory usage might be increasing as long as a job is running.
>>> This is expected (also in the case of multiple running jobs). The
>>> screenshots are not helpful in that regard. :-(
>>>
>>> What kind of stateful operations are you using? Depending on your use case,
>>> you have to manually call `clear()` on the state instance in order to
>>> release the managed state.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Ufuk
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 12:43 PM, ebru <b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr
>>> <mailto:b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> From: ebru <b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr
>>> <mailto:b20926...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>>
>>> Subject: Re: Flink memory leak
>>> Date: 7 November 2017 at 14:09:17 GMT+3
>>> To: Ufuk Celebi <u...@apache.org <mailto:u...@apache.org>>
>>>
>>> Hi Ufuk,
>>>
>>> There are there snapshots of htop output.
>>> 2. snapshot is after submitted one job.