All,

Hopefully this is a quick one. I enabled Graphite reporter in my App and I
started to see the following warning messages all over the place:

2017-11-07 20:54:09,288 WARN  org.apache.flink.runtime.metrics.MetricRegistry
            - Error while registering metric.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A metric named
flink.taskmanager.pndapoc-cdh-dn-14.8823e32fae717d08e211fceec56479b7.normalizeData.parseRawStats
 -> Filter.numBytesOut already exists

I saw some threads about this regarding JMX as well but I don’t think I see a
resolution for it.

One thing I made sure was I haven’t reused name (like parseRawStats) in my App.
Also, this seems to happen for every metric, not only for a select few where I
could have mistakenly set the same name.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks, Ashish