Is your job running on a standalone cluster? I’m using a detached yarn session
in a multi-tenant environment.
And I’m guessing you haven’t had to do anything special for the akka
configurations.

From: Joshua Griffith [mailto:jgriff...@campuslabs.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:57 PM
To: Chan, Regina [Tech]
Cc: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: Job Manager Configuration

I have an IO-dominated batch job with 471 distinct tasks (3786 tasks with
parallelism) running on 8 nodes with 12 GiB of memory and 4 CPUs each. I
haven’t had any problems adding additional tasks except for 1) tasks timing out
the first time the cluster is started (I suppose the JVM needs to warm up), and
2) the UI can’t really handle this many tasks, although using Firefox Quantum
makes it possible to see what’s going on.

Joshua

On Oct 31, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Chan, Regina