Maybe one more question: is the size always increasing, or will it also reduce
eventually? Over what period of time did you observe growth? From the way how
RocksDB works, it does persist updates in a way that is sometimes closer to a
log than in-place updates. So it is perfectly possible that you can observe a
growing state for some time. Eventually, if the state reaches a critical mass,
RocksDB will consolidate and prune the written state and that is the time when
you should also observe a drop in size.

From what it seems, you use case is working with a very small state, so if this
is not just a test you should reconsider if this is the right use-case for a)
incremental checkpoints and b) RocksDB at all.