I agree with Patrick's (cc'd) comment from the linked issue. What I
understand from the linked issue is that Patrick will take care of the
Docker image update for 1.4 manually. Is that ok with you Patrick? :-)

Regarding the Flink release process question: I fully agree with the
idea to integrate this into the release process. As it stands the
Flink release process is pretty manual though [1]... Let me include
the release manager of the 1.4 release Aljoscha (cc'd) to get his
opinion on the issue.

In any case, I'm in favour of this. +1

– Ufuk

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Creating+a+Flink+Release