Hi

I have tried to learn FlinkCEP [1], but i have yet not found the clear answers for questions:

1) Whether the pattern of CEP is meant only for one data stream at the same time ?

2) If i have many different parallel data streams (or sources), should i combine them into one data stream (and is this possible ?), if i want to use same CEP pattern for all parallel streams at the same time ?

3) What is the format of data stream of events for CEP ?|

4) Can i directly supply a data stream from env.socketTextStream() to CEP ?

5) Can one event in stream include many "attributes" and values ? Or is it only key-value-pair ? Timestamp of event ?

6) Can CEP save the found values of events for use in later "steps" ? For example in pattern:

|val pattern = Pattern.begin("start").where(_.getId == 42) .next("middle").subtype(classOf[SubEvent]).where(_.getVolume >= 10.0) .followedBy("end").where(_.getName == "end")|

Whether value of Id in"start"-step can be saved and check whether it (Id) is same in "end"-step ?

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/libs/cep.html

Best, Esa