Hello,

When upgrading from flink-1.3.2 to flink-1.4.2, I faced this error on runtime
of a Flink job :

java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: An SPI class of type
org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat with classname
org.apache.lucene.search.suggest.document.Completion50PostingsFormat does not
exist, please fix the file
'META-INF/services/org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat' in your classpath.

I added lucene-suggest dependency and then I encountered this :
java.lang.ClassCastException: class
org.elasticsearch.search.suggest.completion2x.Completion090PostingsFormat

The Flink job runs Lucene queries on a data stream which ends up in an
Elasticsearch index.

It seems to me that this exception is a side effect of shading
flink-connector-elasticsearch-5 dependencies. Actually, the only solution I
have found is to re-build flink-connector-elasticsearch-5 jar excluding
META-INF/services/org.apache.lucene.codecs.*

I would highly appreciate any opinion on this workaround. Could it have side
effect ?

Thanks. And by the way, congrats to all Flink contributors, this is a pretty
good piece of technology !

Regards,

Manuel Haddadi