Thanks again, Gary.

It's true that I only let the job remain in the stuck state for something
between 10-15 minutes. Then I shut down the cluster.

But: if restart strategy is being applied, shouldn't I have seen those
messages in job manager log? In my case it kept all quiet since ~2018-03-28
15:27 and I terminated it at ~28-03-2018 15:36.

Do you happen to know about what that BlobServerConnection error means in
the code? If it may lead into some unrecoverable state (where neither
restart is attempted, nor job is failed for good)..