Hi,

I think Flink is exactly doing what you are looking for.
If you use keyed state [1], Flink will put the state always in the context
of the key of the currently processed record.
So if you have a MapFunction with keyed state, and the map() method is
called with a record that has a key A, the state will be the state for key
A. If the next record has a key B, the state will be for key B.

Best,
Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/state/state.html#keyed-state